SAB Airbag On/Off Control Switches
Pro-gard’s AOI Side Curtain Airbag On/Off Switches provide occupants seated in the airbag deployment zone with peace of mind that they will not be injured by the forceful deployment of the airbag or aftermarket equipment that is installed in the deployment zone. These switches can be used to deactivate any automotive airbag other than the front driver or front passenger dash bags. (This includes but not limited to airbags labelled: side curtain, side impact, knee bolster, seat, door, torso, pelvis, etc.) Click here for more details.
Why Use an AOI Airbag On/Off Control Switch?
It is a fact, vehicle airbags save lives and reduce injury by reducing the chance that the occupant’s body will strike the vehicles interior or be ejected during a crash. But when the risks associated with an occupant being seated in the deployment zone of an active airbag outweigh the safety benefits, the installation of an airbag on/off switch might be the solution.
- Built in liability fuse, guarantees switch position at time of impact
- Each SAB Switch controls up to two airbag connections simultaneously
- Fail Safe tested to over 100,000 cycles
- Bright “tell-tail” airbag light clearly defines airbag status
- Integrate seamlessly into the vehicle’s existing electrical system
- Durable switch is tested to 100,000 cycles
- Can be used for any automotive airbag except frontal (dash) driver and passenger
- At present, NHTSA does not have a ruling that mandates the use of SAB airbags.