Driver or Front Passenger Airbag On/Off Control Switches
NHTSA allows for the deactivation of airbags for passengers who meet certain physical or medical requirements that may put them at an increased risk from airbag deployment. Click here for more details.
Pro-gard’s AOI Airbag On/Off Switches provide occupants seated in the airbag deployment zone with peace of mind that they will not be injured by the forceful deployment of the airbag or aftermarket equipment that is installed in the deployment zone.
Why Use an AOI Airbag On/Off Control Switch?
It is a fact, vehicle airbags save lives and minimize injuries by reducing the chance that the occupant’s head or upper body will strike the vehicles interior during a crash. Thus, NHTSA mandates that all cars and light trucks sold in the US have airbags in both sides of the dash. But when the risks associated with an occupant being seated in front of an active frontal airbag outweigh the safety benefits, NHTSA will authorize the installation of an airbag on/off switch.
All of Pro-gard’s AOI Airbag On/Off Switches meet NHTSA requirements. Each switch comes with a one year limited warranty and free replacement should your vehicle be in an accident.
All Pro-gard/AOI Airbag Switch products meet federal requirements for use. Please visit www.nhtsa.dot.gov for more information about federal requirements in the United States or www.tc.gc.ca in Canada.
- Built in liability fuse, guarantees switch position at time of impact
- Fail Safe tested to over 100,000 cycles
- Bright “tell-tail” airbag light clearly defines airbag status
- Integrate seamlessly into the vehicle’s existing electrical system
- Durable switch is tested to 100,000 cycles
- Meets NHTSA standards for airbag deactivation switches
- An airbag on/off switch must work with the vehicle’s OEM airbag readiness indicator light
- Must be key operated
- Must have a yellow light for the off position
- Must be visible to the driver at all times